Off-beat ways to usher 2017 near Mumbai
Sandhan Valley, situated in the western ghats of Sahyadris, is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardhara region near Samrad village (3000ft Approx), is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is a combination of a canyon and a valley. Located in the Nagar district, near the famous fort Ratangad, Sandhan valley is undoubtedly The Valley of Suspense. Walking through the narrow streak of valley with 300 ft rock walls on both the sides is a lifetime experience. Descending full Sandhan valley is always a memorable outing and the overnight stay under the sparkling sky, is a sweet cherry on the cake!!
Date: 31st Decâ€™16 to 1st Janâ€™17 Place:Â Igatpuri Range Difficulty Level:Â Medium with Rappellling patches Endurance Level:Â Medium
- Travelling from Mumbai to Mumbai by private NON AC bus, â€¢ Breakfast and Lunch, â€¢ Expertise Charges
Cost: Rs. 1100/- per person
Kulang Fort in Kalsubai Mountain Range offers the longest and highest climb from the base to the top amongst any other fort in the Sahayadris. Standing at the height of 4822 ft, it also boasts about one of the finest views from the top and is graded as a medium / difficult trek. Kulang offers the best view of Sunset and mesmerizing Sunrise that is what it makes a perfect destination to bid farewell to old year and welcome New Year. Welcome the New Year away from city hassle, in aÂ calm and close to nature place. Date:Â 31st Dec 2016 â€“ 1st Jan 2017 Type:Â Hill Forts Height:Â 4822ft Grade:Â Medium Endurance:Â Moderate Base Village:Â Ambewadi
- Traveling from Kasara to Kasara by Pvt Vehicle â€¢ 2 Refreshments, 2 Meals â€¢ TMI Expertise charges.
Cost: Rs. 1650 per person
Date: 31st Dec 16 to 1st Jan 17
Type: Bike Ride
Route: Panvel â€“ Pen â€“ Alibaug â€“ Kashid â€“ Phansad â€“ Murud and Back.
Total Distance: 350 Kms approx.
The places that will be covered:
- Shri Rameshwar Mandir, Chaul
- Korlai Fort
- Phansad wild life Sanctuary
- Janjira Fort
- Kashid Beach
The whole tour is on Actual. Which means the expense will be shared equally among the members as well as the leaders and coordinators.
Gorakhgad is a fort that can be done easily in a day, both from Mumbai and Pune. Though not famous for any historical events, Gorakhgad attracts trekkers due to its inviting pinnacles, which offer good opportunities for rock-climbing. This region of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover.
Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was having strategic importance during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivajiâ€™s era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his â€œSadhanaâ€ in this place.
Date:1st Jan 17
Place: Gorakhgad fort
Height: 2137 ft
Base Village: Dehri
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Cost: Rs. 1100/- per person
Places to go with children:
Theme Park|Water Park|Snow Park: â€¢ Entry Ticket including Taxes cost: Rs. 2184/- per peron
Offer valid till: 31st March, 2017
Party hard on 31st Dec at Imagica – New Yearâ€™s Eve-
Cost: Rs. 2069/- onwards
Highlights of the evening:
- All rides and attraction of Theme park will be operational till 12:30 am â€¢ Opening DJ act â€¢ Entertainment acts and dance performances â€¢ Bollywood Dance Music â€“ by celebrity Disco Jockey – DJ Akhtar â€¢ Night Parade â€¢ Fireworks at Midnight â€¢ Sumptuous F&B options â€¢ Additional bar counters for spirits lover
Take your children to KidZania this year end for the best activities in town. Also, avail a discount of Rs. 200/- on booking tickets for children till 16 years of age.
Have your kids ever dreamt of becoming a pilot, a firefighter, or the next award-winning actor? KidZania represents industries present in the real world like private services, public services, entertainment, airline, automobile, retail, restaurants and factories where children can play the role of a Pilot, Surgeon, Detective, Chef, Engineer, TV Producer, Radio Jockey, Car Mechanic and many more.Â The journey to KidZania begins the same away as many adult adventures do at an airport… and from there the fun begins! Take a look at the activities kids can engage in and other details! Timings: Week Days (Mon – Fri) Full Day: 11:00hrs to 20:00hrsÂ Happy Hours: 17:00hrs to 20:00hrs Timings: Weekend Days(Sat – Sun) Morning: 10:00hrs to 15:00hrs Evening: 16:00hrs to 21:00hrs Happy Hours: 18:00hrs to 21:00hrs Day Pass: 10:00hrs to 21:00hrs
- Entry Ticket including Taxes
- KidZania offers kids 100+ role-playing adventures in its 60+ establishments â€¢ Build paved roads and cars, city buildings, recognizable establishments, a functioning economy and its own currency â€¢ Perform Jobs Like stylist, fireman, radio jockey, surgeon, dentist, etc. â€¢ Experience local establishments like the Bollywood Acting Academy, Pottery Studio and the Dabbawalla service (boxed lunch delivery)